Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fat Kid LOAFS Asian food....

I can't help it, I love love love asian food (this will later tie into my joint post with MTP about our meal to Sampan). I love all the flavors and spices, and the noodles (oh how I love the noodles). Also lets face it, when it comes to chinese food, even bad chinese is good chinese (well most of the time).
Last week a friend encouraged me to go and try Erawan on 23rd
and sansom, he gave me the advice that the thai curry was the kind you could be happy having to eat it for the rest of your life. He did not lie, it was delish.
SJ and I headed to this small BYO with a bottle of red in tow. As appetizers we started with fried tofu with a sweet and sour sauce and I had a Chicken Tom Kah soup, my soup was amazing, just the right balance of coconut, lemongrass and kaffir, I will order it every time I go (which may be tomorrow). As far as the tofu, SJ and I both agreed it left something to be desired, the tofu itself was bland, there was no seasoning whatsoever, it was served with a tasty sauce and tasted nice soaked in my soup broth. We both went thai curry for our entrees, SJ went with red curry and I chose Penang. Both were perfect, just the right amount of heat, allowing your palate open enough to taste all the amazing herbs. Feeling a bit full we passed on dessert, however next time I will be skipping the tofu and getting the green tea ice cream.
Since I ate this dish I have been thinking of nothing but it, today I
ate my leftovers and they were still as perfect as I remembered.
I think I have a new addiction, and its Erawan's Penang Curry
fat kid kmk out
I spent today with my mom in NYC and just an FYI Magnolia Bakery still makes my fave cupcakes in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment