Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fatty on the loose in CC!

Did anybody notice what a beautiful day it was in Philadelphia yesterday? I did. Obviously the only thing to do on such a gorgeous afternoon was to leave my house. So I went gallivanting around Center City. On the way into town I was really craving a cupcake. Did you know that Brown Betty Petite has a $10 credit card minimum? This means I had to purchase three cupcakes and a Fiji water. I got one red velvet (my favorite!), one strawberry letter, and one carrot cake. Unfortunately, cupcakes these days are just too big for me! Not the cake itself, but the frosting. Why so much frosting? I always have to pick off at least 1/2 of the frosting when I get cupcakes from one of those lovely fancy boutiques.

Anyway, frosting aside. I ate half of the strawberry letter and it was delicious. I brought the rest into work where they did NOT all get eaten! What is wrong with those people?

After dessert I really wanted some food. I always stroll into DiBruno Bros after their cafe is closed. Yesterday, I got there right in the middle of service. It was paaaaacked. But I was hungry. So I ordered myself a goat cheese pressed sandwich with fig jam, prosciutto, and some spinach. It was banging! The portion size was pretty huge, so the $11 that you spend on a sandwich could definitely be cut in half by sharing with a friend. Not only that but DiBruno Bros serves all of their sandwiches with a salad and chips, so you don't have to choose. Fountain drink is also included.

I'm not a potato chip person so I only had a few, but the salad was actually pretty great. Aside from the standard deli-style salad with tomato and cucumber, this baby had olives. I'm just a sucker for olives. I can't even tell you why that stood out to me so much, but it did. And it was delicious.

So DiBruno for lunch? Fat kid approves!
Brown Betty for dessert? Fat kid also approves, but have a napkin handy for all the extra sugar on top. Also, bring cash like a smart person.


And on the subject of cupcakes...

Thanks to KMK for my cupcake from Magnolia Bakery in NYC! I had to devour it in secret in my room because the cats were swiping and jumping at it when I sat in the living room. But it was delicious! Too much frosting, of course. But aside from that, I ate the whoooooole thing! And it was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment